Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slave or Labour

What is the main difference between slave and labour?

I wonder is there still slave in this 20th century?

I have a friend, let the name be A. A is a graduate from local university, while waiting for his employment, A work as a shop assistant where he feels he can gain experience for what he is going to be in future. Guess how much is the salary?

RM3.50-Rm4 per hour.

A works 6 days per week, 8 hours per day. Accumulation of the salary per month will be approx RM 800. The question is that is this kind of salary able to survive in places like KL where everything is expensive; price of petrol reach the peak recently, even some places, the price for a bowl of mee went up to RM5 (since last week).

Income(1 month) : Rm800
Meal(30days, 3meal/day,RM5/meal) :-RM450
Room rental +Electrical& water bill : -RM150
Maxis/DIGI user :-RM30
movie :-RM10
KFC :-RM10
Petrol :-RM100
Toiletries + house hold item :-RM50
Balance :RM0

Luckily still able to balance the account.....

This scenario only applied to those lucky one provided with a car,else don't even think of owning a second hand Kancil. Not to even mention about having your own house. Oh ya, how about stationary, clothes, trousers or shoes?

Not to be worry.
In fact, with 7 days working a week, you can buy those selling in night markets.
Alvin Cheng

This is the conversation between A and me:
A: Hello, may I speak to ....
........
.....
...
A: My boss says he needs more people to help out on this sunday, are you free?
Me: I have no appointment yet, doing what? How much is the pay?
A: Oh, we are doing stock check. They pay RM3.80/hour.
Me: Huh? RM3.80/hour???? Did you ask others?
A: Ya, I did ask my friend, they are not free.
Me: The salary is too low le, who will want to work? Only stupid people will accept the offer. (Sorry, I am not smart, and kinda stupid in times)
A: My bosses girlfriends and wife. Dun crap, want or dun wan, just say?
Me: If I work 8 hours there on sunday, I already use half of my salary to pay for petrol..Dun wan la.(My house is around 45 minutes from there)

A: Dun worry, I think we will work more than 8 hours as not enough people.
Me: ......

I nearly FAINT


Do leave your view,
Either possible or negative comments will be welcomed.

3 comments:

irene said...

O_O" he's one freaking lucky guy.
rm800? in this very hectic KL?
and he's a graduate for god sake!
why didn't he go and find some other job that suits him more?

Geralvin said...

He want to gain experience in his field I guess. But is definitely below paid. Hard to survive in Kl by this pay. I guess the government need do something / is doing something.

漆黑之月 said...

I used to work (cheated by stupid employer) who promised to give me RM3 per hour (I am hav SPM qualification only) paid me less because they kept digging reasons to cut my salary. T.T
That sort of pay, can hardly even survive in Kuantan.
Petrol price increasing some more..